We seek to grow as a prophetic missional church, working in unity with all churches that are committed to the call of Jesus as expressed by the Great Commandment and the Great Commission:
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you… Matthew 28:18-19 The Great Commandment is to love, and the Great Commission is to share that love.
The object and purpose of Lifestream Christian Fellowship (as recorded in our Constitution) is to obey Jesus’ “Great Commandment” (Mark 12:30-31) and “Great Commission” (Matthew 28:18-19). We will pursue these objects by applying the teaching and principles found in the Scriptures and through the power of the Holy Spirit. This shall include, but will not be limited to our being:
- A worshipping community – a people who unashamedly proclaim and worship Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
- A prophetic community – who hears the voice of God and actively seeks to function in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- A giving community – “for freely you have received, freely give” expressed through a commitment to local, regional and world mission.
- A healing community – where love, acceptance and forgiveness characterises our corporate identity and ministry.
- A discipling community – teaching, equipping and releasing people into being committed followers of Jesus.
Mission is at the very heart of LifeStream as we strive to grow in love and relationship with God the Father, Son and Spirit, and to share that love with others. Missions is expressed in a broad sense through local, regional and world initiatives that involve the church directly and in partnership with others as we share God’s love. We seek the Lord as a church for His plans and initiatives and we strive to be obedient to those who share God’s love in appropriate ways. The first Sunday of each month is Missions Sunday where we focus more intently on missions and take an extra collection, specifically for a missions initiative. All members of LSCF are encouraged to be involved in missions, in some form and capacity.
Local areas of mission:
- Community Kitchen (Wednesdays 6-7 pm at the church – helpers always wanted).
- LifeStream Christian Fellowship also supports :
- Capital Healing Rooms,
- Scripture Union (ACT) School chaplaincy, and
- Christian Education in Schools (CEIS).
- YWAM Philippines (Mercy Link, Calapan City)
Pastor Rupert & Angel Parr, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail C/o Mercy Link, Sition Pajo Canubing 1, Calapan City 5200, Oriental Mindoro, PHILIPPINES.
- YWAM Mexico (Ensenada)
Kirsty & Oscar Carrasco-Ortega, email email@example.com. Mail, C/o YWAM SD/Baja 100 W.35 Street Suite R National City, CA 91950 USA.
- Jesus Christ Lifestream Christian Ministry (partner church, Rizal, Philippines);
Pastor Nelson & Jenny Bautista. email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail, #4, Mariano Jr St, Melendres Lifehomes subdivision Brgy Doloros, Taytay Rizal PHILIPPINES
Pastor Bernard & Mely Flores. Email email@example.com. Mail, Jesus Christ the Life Stream Christian Ministries Blk. 2 Lot2 Lupang Arenda Brgy. Sta Ana Taytay, Rizal 1920 PHILIPPINES.
- David, Janenne and Rachel Hay – iKhethelo and Lily of the Valley Children’s Villages (KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa). See www.HaysInSouthAfrica.com